Monday, April 20, 2009

My half sister

Lola Lynda Jacobs
Orem, Ut 84097
Monday, April 20, 2009
Dear Half Sister;
I am Lola Lynda Jacobs, the youngest daughter of Charles Glenn and Lucy Jacobs. When Marie and I were young, and you had a child we thought it took both of us to make up a whole aunt to this unknown half niece.
I met you in 1973 at our father’s funeral in Holbrook Arizona and haven’t heard from or made any attempt to contact you since. I may have met you twice when I was a young child.
I have been doing genealogy inspired by our grandmother, Grace Hoblit Jacobs and I thought of you and that you might want to have copies of the genealogy book she prepared in the 1940’s and the work my sister, Marie and I have done with it since then.
In the blogs I have also included my writing, I have been quite prolific over these 60 years, of poems, stories, novelettes. I also have several sections on psychology. I am a Licensed professional counselor by vocation, and I am studying at Argosy University for an EdDCP, Educational Doctorate in counseling psychology.
Daddy always said, “those who can’t, teach, and those who can’t teach teachers. So mostly I’ve been a teacher and teaching teachers throughout my life, and am trying to swim upstream and do something meaningful with my life by sharing my website with the world.
I don’t know how well you knew Daddy, he died 36 years ago, and I’m just beginning to. He and Grand mother Grace, and Aunt Lola Emily, Aunt Gracie mainly, had bipolar disorder. I don’t know if you got the genetic disorder, but if you did you were very wise not to foster a new family branch. Apparently so did his brothers and their off spring, but we carried the resiliency gene so we procreated; they did not.
On my website is one blog named, “lickin and groomin’ “ titled appropriately after the most recent research regarding mice with the bipolar DNA who are adopted by “licker’s and groomer mice mothers and were able to actually change their hisones in their DNA within their life times and produce “lickin’ and groomin’ “ (non bipolar offspring)
I have spent my life in Bipolar stupors and rages, just as Daddy did, and I am thrilled with these new discoveries. I hope you will pass on these blog sites to anyone you know so they can pay it forward to the world to help us rid future generations of this very ugly, family damaging disorder.
Your half sister, Lola Lynda Jacobs Attached are table of contents of web site blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment