Monday, April 13, 2009

Douglas




Brent Jacobs Gardner age 4 dressed up as an Indian chief for 24th of July Parade. Monte Glenn Gardner in the Wagon, age 8. Staged at Uncle Frank Glenn J acobs home in Eagar ARizona around 1986. These are my two younger sons.









This is Douglas Carl Gardner, age 10, about.

One of the last photos I have of him before his bipolar genes took over and he renounced me as his mother about the time I divorced his father.

I have sad news for him, one can make a mistake as to whom the father of a child is, but it is pretty hard to make a mistake on maternity.

I'm sure there is no need for genetic testing

as he looks just like the other two boys,

carries the bipolar rage gene and I believe I was there when he was born.

Has adopted three sons who he thinks I don't know about,


or he believes by sending the announcement to his siblings at my address

he can hurt me as much as he tried to hurt me by inviting me to his missionary

fairwell to publicly flog me,

or putting "son of Max and Virginia Gardner" on his wedding announcement.

These only demonstrated to me how much pain he was in

and how poorly he had been taught by all three of his parents to handle the pain.

I can only hope and pray he has gotten some therapy to help him handle the rage

before it literally tears him apart from the inside out.

God bless you, my son.

I bore you, I loved you, I adored you.

Now I can only stand apart and watch and pray as in your forties

that you find the help you need to put your soul back into your body.

Lick and groom those little boys you adopted,
they have had enough to deal with

without dealing with your bipolar rage as well.

I hear you have a lovely wife. I believe I have met her twice.

Your sisters say she is a dear.

I hope you treat her well and revere her

and never never raise your voice or your hand to her

in anger or frustration.

I love you, Mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment